30 Sep The Proximity Search Optimization™ Enabled Marketer
Why Today’s Brand Marketers Need to Augment Their Mobile-Local Savvy
You may have a great brand campaign…consumer-focused promotions…a robust TV, print, and digital ad strategy…an exceptional SEO/SEM program…great local activations.
But only by understanding and focusing on the critical (and ever-evolving) strategies behind Proximity Search Optimization (PSO) can you increase your sales and new traffic for every one of your locations.
Every day we speak with professional marketers who have decided to invest more resources against reaching the consumers who are relying on their smartphones as personal GPS and shopping/dining devices — right at the moment of purchase decision-making.
Just as marketing professionals have enhanced their knowledge bases to respond to customer behavior trends that resulted from social media proliferation, multi-location brand marketers are now building their insights into mobile-local search and how to translate those consumer spending behaviors to new approaches and budget allocations.
But a commitment to PSO transcends spending. What we’ve seen as common traits of PSO-savvy multi-location brands and franchises is that they:
- Know that mobile-local search is its own path -- one that is critical to customer decision-making and spend and to your brand’s search strategy and tactics. The integrity, optimization, and ongoing maintenance of local-level data helps ensure that your brand appears more often in the Google 3-Pack. Need more background and insights? We created a new series -- especially for marketing decision-makers -- to help them understand the various aspects of mobile-local search in an easy-to-digest format.
- Understands that it’s a critical part of today’s marketing mix. It’s not an option. When you integrate a PSO program with your brand advertising, you’ll not only build awareness, you’ll be in the consumer’s consciousness and decision set -- right at the moment of spending.
- Have keen insights into the mobile-local search terms that matter most to their customers and optimize their local sites for those words.
- Believe that they’ll see ROI from their efforts if they invest in the right platform and people. The most successful brand marketers create simple by-location integrated KPIs that include how each store or restaurant is performing in terms of review quality and response time, social media engagement, clicks for directions (a leading indicator of purchase intent), and other measurements of how mobile is leading to traffic and sales boosts.
- Dedicate co-op budget and local marketing budget to PSO, allowing regional managers or local operators to contribute to this critical aspect of the brand marketing program and better understand the importance of mobile-local search.
- Seek and engage the resources to “do it right.” If you have hundreds or thousands of locations, keeping data current across multiple platforms may seem like a daunting task. Keeping up with Google’s algorithm changes and location data updates is complex. Some solution providers will offer an automation solution but expect marketers to do the heavy lifting themselves. Choose a service provider that understands and values your time and staff and simplifies the process. Integration across social media, reviews, and local landing page data integrity is critical to optimization, so PSO is one area where “one-stop shopping” provides distinct advantages. The right partner will also take the time to know your brand, industry, challenges, and goals and will customize solutions, monitor results along with you, and fine-tune approaches.